AADSTS5000228: Access to tenant is denied in Power BI, Microsoft Entra, and Microsoft 365 Admin Center

Zeel Patel 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T03:44:47.83+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a persistent sign-in and tenant access issue that I am experiencing with Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Entra ID.

I created a new Microsoft Fabric/Power BI Free tenant for learning and educational purposes. I am the only user and administrator associated with this tenant.

When I try to sign in to Power BI Desktop using my Microsoft account associated with the newly created onmicrosoft.com tenant, my password is accepted successfully. However, immediately after authentication, I receive the following error:

“AADSTS5000228: Access to tenant is denied. Please contact your administrator.”

I have also tried accessing the Microsoft Entra Admin Center directly. However, I receive the same AADSTS5000228 error stating that access to the tenant is denied.

To further investigate the issue, I also attempted to access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center using the same account. Instead of opening the Admin Center, I receive:

“HTTP ERROR 401 – This page isn't working.”

Because I am unable to access Microsoft Entra or the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, I cannot verify the tenant configuration, check Power BI service availability, assign a Power BI license, or review any relevant tenant settings.

I have already verified that my password is working because the authentication process accepts my password before displaying the tenant access error.

I have also tried signing in through different Microsoft services, but the issue continues. The problem is therefore not limited to Power BI Desktop.

Based on the behavior, it appears that there may be an issue with access to or provisioning of my newly created Microsoft Entra tenant.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in investigating the tenant and determining why access is being denied.

Specifically, I would like assistance with the following:

  1. Please confirm why AADSTS5000228 is being returned for my tenant.
  2. Please verify whether my newly created tenant has been correctly provisioned and is active.
  3. Please confirm whether the tenant or my administrator account has any restriction preventing access.
  4. Please advise whether Power BI/Fabric can be enabled for this tenant.
  5. Since I am currently unable to access the Microsoft Entra Admin Center or Microsoft 365 Admin Center, please advise how I can restore administrator access.
  6. If administrator recovery or tenant recovery is required, please guide me through the appropriate Microsoft recovery process.

This tenant was created specifically for learning and educational purposes, and I would like to continue learning and using Power BI without creating unnecessary additional tenants.

I can provide the Request ID, Correlation ID, Timestamp, and other diagnostic information shown in the error message if required.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. I would appreciate any guidance you can provide to restore access to my tenant.

Warm regards,

Zeel Patel User's image

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.