Azure Migrate: Storage access failure during agentless replication — Error Code 665

StephenNormandin-4440 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T19:26:33.7066667+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing an issue with Azure Migrate during an agentless migration of a VMware VM. The migration fails during the execution step with the error: 'The requested operation failed with reason: Storage is not accessible : 'migratersa'.' (Code: 665). I am seeking an explanation for this error and guidance on how to resolve it.

Environment

Azure Migrate service for server migration from VMware to Azure, specific region and storage account details are not provided.

What I've already tried

  • In Azure CLI, az storage account commands return normal/as expected.
  • From within Azure Migrate appliance, nslookup and Test-Connection both return normal/as expected.
  • There is no private endpoint configured.
  • Public access is enabled without restriction.

Current status

Currently, the migration failure persists with the same error. I am requesting assistance to understand the cause of the storage access issue and to determine the appropriate steps to fix it.

Azure Migrate
Azure Migrate

A central hub of Azure cloud migration services and tools to discover, assess, and migrate workloads to the cloud.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.