Can I transfer Microsoft office from my old laptop to my new laptop

andre duza 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T16:46:40.6866667+00:00

I'm buying a new computer and wondering if I can transfer Microsoft office

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 937.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T17:20:29.0433333+00:00

    If Office was not pre-installed on the old laptop by the laptop manufacturer, then, when you first activated Office, that licence should have become associated to your Microsoft Account as a digital licence online and it is from there that you can re-install Office on the new device without the need for a product key:

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.