Azure for Students blocked by [UnusualActivity] Full Deny — unable to submit a support request

Muhammet AK 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T16:41:12.4666667+00:00

Hello,

I am using Azure for Students for a university research project called KodMentor. When I try to create a Microsoft Foundry project, deployment validation fails with a deny assignment named “[UnusualActivity] Full Deny assignment”.

Azure Portal’s troubleshooting analysis reports that:

My subscription is Enabled.

A system-protected deny assignment exists at root scope (/).

This assignment blocks resource creation despite my account having the required permissions.

The failed operation is Microsoft.Resources/deployments/validate/action. The selected region is Sweden Central.

I also tried Help + Support → Subscription management → Azure for Students, but I could not complete the support request process or obtain a ticket number.

Could a Microsoft moderator help me reach the appropriate Azure Subscription Management or Account Review team, or provide a working support route for this situation?

I can provide account and subscription identifiers through an official private support channel if needed.

Thank you.

Azure Role-based access control
Azure Role-based access control

An Azure service that provides fine-grained access management for Azure resources, enabling you to grant users only the rights they need to perform their jobs.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.