Lost Product Key

Anthony Jackowski 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T16:54:49.9333333+00:00

I recently had my computer crash and had to be wiped clean. I lost a lot of information and now I can't activate Microsoft 365 without a product key. Unfortunately, I can't find the product key anywhere. I've tried to contact Microsoft but all I get are recorded messages telling me to check the support page. I can't connect to a real person to help me. What can I do? Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS726 271.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T17:31:25.97+00:00

    If you are paying for Microsoft 365, that's a subscription, and you shouldn't need product key. You might need it the first time you bought it if from a third-party seller, it was to redeem to your account, so your account moving forward is your license.

    You install it from your account https://account.live.com > Subscriptions, you will find the subscription listed and the install option, download the installer from there and run the file to install.

    Unless, you don't mean to say "Microsoft 365", you might have some one-time purchased license??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.