Azure for Students: academic verification succeeded but signup says "not eligible"

ÖMER FARUK ÇATALKAYA 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T01:26:52.2933333+00:00

Hello,

I am a student at Kayseri University (Turkey). I am trying to activate

Azure for Students on my personal Microsoft account (outlook.com).

  • My academic status was verified successfully ("Congratulations! Your academic status has been successfully verified.")
  • My GitHub Student Developer Pack is also verified (valid until 2028).

However, when I open https://signup.azure.com/studentverification?offerType=1

I always get: "You are not eligible for an Azure free account" and only

Pay-As-You-Go is offered. Earlier I also saw "Your current account type is

not supported."

I have no Azure subscription on this account, so I cannot open a support

ticket from the portal.

Session IDs:

  • 0221de9b-7ef0-4a24-b684-d5f3699111e2 (2026-10-03 00:39 UTC)
  • bae329bf-769d-4829-8184-4ce8aa145e48 (2026-10-03 00:56 UTC)

Could a moderator please help me get this escalated to the Azure

billing/subscription team? I can provide my student certificate privately.

Thank you.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.