iCloud email stopped syncing with New Outlook

Bfarmer-2569 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T17:52:27.65+00:00

This week when I would read emails, move emails to folders, delete emails, and perform other tasks in New Outlook, the actions were not syncing with my iCloud account. This was working just fine last week and suddenly stopped working this week. My AI research has resulted in the recommendation that I revert back to the old Outlook. I have deleted the account from Outlook and reinstalled the account with the same issues resulting. I do not want to revert to the old Outlook. Can anything be done to correct this in New Outlook?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,430 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T23:36:58.47+00:00

    Welcome Bfarmer,

    Thank you for providing those details. Since removing and re-adding the iCloud account did not help, I'd like to narrow down the cause before suggesting more advanced steps.

    Could you please confirm:

    • Are you using iCloud Mail (your @icloud.com email account) or are you syncing an Outlook.com account through iCloud?
    • If you sign in to iCloud Mail through a web browser at Apple's iCloud website, do the changes made there sync normally?
    • When you move or delete messages in New Outlook, do you receive any error message, or do the changes simply never appear in iCloud?
    • Does sending and receiving new email still work, with only folder/deletion/read-status synchronization affected?

    In the meantime, please try these quick checks:

    • In New Outlook, select Settings > Accounts > Email accounts and verify the iCloud account shows Connected and has no warning or error icon.
    • Open Settings > General > Offline and make sure Outlook is not configured to work offline.
    • Sign out of New Outlook completely, restart Windows, then sign back in and test whether a read/unread change made in Outlook appears in iCloud Mail after a few minutes.

    For reference, Microsoft provides information about adding and managing accounts in New Outlook here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/add-an-email-account-to-outlook-for-windows

    I look forward to your reply

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.