Got locked out of my Admin account and the Authenticator is not sending me notifications anymore

Ghassan Barghouti 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T16:34:26.6266667+00:00

I don't know what to do anymore. I opened a ticket to Microsoft Data Protection team, they at first made a call and then sent a message asking me when is a good time to call. I told them everyday at 6PM I am available. 1 week passed and all they did was make 1 phone call at 4PM which I have missed because I was at work. And now I barely get any replies.

Please help me in this. It's very urgent! I cannot check my admin emails which are the most important. I have access to the personal account that made the email, but unfortunately I need two verification methods, code and authenticator seem to not work anymore.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Android
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-L 20,010 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-02T16:54:38.1766667+00:00

    Dear Ghassan,

    I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting a week and missed the only call. Being locked out of your admin account while you wait on callbacks is very stressful. Could you please send me your support case number by private message? Please don't post it here, as this is a public forum. Once I have it, I'll check the case and see what I can do to help move it forward. When you have a moment, please click on the banner at the top of this thread to access our private conversation. 

    User's image

    In the meantime, I'd suggest replying directly to the latest email from the support agent and restating when you're available, for example every day from 6 PM, along with your time zone. The call you missed came in at 4 PM, so a time zone mismatch may be part of the problem. Having your availability in writing on the case also helps the agent plan the next call.

    Thank you for your patience and understanding. Looking forward to your message.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.