Does Microsoft Even Give a Damn That New Outlook barely works?

Joey Enderle 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T15:52:45.4366667+00:00

Hi,

I am the admin at my company and every day I have to deal with New Outlook not syncing to my users outlook. We have to do a repair and reset almost daily for folks. We also have to have the web outlook open and New outlook for it to sync correctly or it will not sync. They also keep having issues with Categories not showing up, so they can't color-coordinate for their teams in Shared Mailboxes. Sub folders do not even show up sometimes for Outlook desktop for Shared mailboxes. We have to continue to delete the shared boxes and readd them to get them to update! Why does Microsoft not even attempt to fix these issues? New Outlook keeps getting worse and worse. Can they not hire actual humans to fix these issues? Why are they releasing a broken product and forcing everyone to not have classic outlook? Microsoft do you even give a damn??? Is there any fixes besides the ones I listed to get everything synced without having to go through huddles?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ruby Nguyen 3,045 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T17:44:57.9+00:00

    Good day Joey, and I'm sorry to hear that your organization is experiencing these disruptive issues.

    Just to gently clarify before going any further, this forum is separate from Microsoft Support. I can only share publicly available documentation, testing observations and general troubleshooting guidance. I don't have access to Microsoft's internal diagnostic tools, engineering investigations or product development backlogs. 

    Since the New Outlook synchronization and shared mailbox issues are affecting multiple users within your organization, I recommend opening a support request through the Microsoft 365 admin center > Support > Help & Support so they can further investigate the environment and collect diagnostic logs if needed for more in-depth troubleshooting. 

    • Turn off the "Support Assistant" feature.  
    • Use the keyword "Support" to quickly bypass automated suggestions > Select Contact Support.  

    User's image

    • In the ticket description, please clearly describe the issue, including any error messages or codes and the steps you’ve already tried. You can also attach screenshots or screen recordings.  
    • Additionally, sharing your preferred contact times may help the support team handle the case more efficiently.   

    A technical support engineer can perform a remote session to investigate the situation, verify the backend configurations and run any necessary synchronization tools to resolve the problem. If the issue requires further attention, they can escalate it to a specialized team for deeper analysis.    

    I wish I could help more directly, but as a fellow user in this community, providing these steps is the best support I can offer. I hope the support process goes smoothly and your issue is resolved soon. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time. 

    Thank you for your patience and understanding. 


    If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.