Azure for Students Academic Verification Fails with "The client does not have access rights to the content"

Aymen MSADDAK 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T13:21:05.53+00:00

Hello,

I am a full-time university student at Tunis Business School, Tunisia, trying to activate Azure for Students for the first time.

My GitHub Student Developer Pack is verified and active until July 2027. I linked my GitHub account to my personal Microsoft account and started the Azure for Students registration using that account.

During registration, I entered my university email address and received Microsoft's academic verification email. However, when I click the verification link, I receive the following error:

"The client does not have access rights to the content."

I have already tried:

Signing in with my university Microsoft account.

Using my personal Microsoft account linked to GitHub.

Repeating the process in an InPrivate/Incognito browser window.

Unfortunately, the issue persists, and I have not been able to activate my Azure for Students subscription.

Could you please advise how I can resolve this issue, or direct me to the appropriate Azure for Students team to review my academic verification?

I can provide my session ID, timestamp, and proof of student status privately if needed.

Thank you.

Azure Cloud Services
Azure Cloud Services

An Azure platform as a service offer that is used to deploy web and cloud applications.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.