Azure OpenAI Service: Unable to select pricing tier during resource creation — request for eligibility clarification

FaseehurRehman-5723 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T12:56:28.37+00:00

Problem description

I am trying to create an Azure OpenAI resource through the Azure portal under my subscription, but I cannot select the desired pricing tier, specifically Tier 1. I have already submitted a request for Tier 1 about four days ago and want to know if my subscription is eligible or if it has been upgraded.

Environment

Azure AI Foundry resource creation via the Azure portal, resource type: Azure OpenAI, region not specified in the case information.

What I've already tried

I have not tried anything beyond the automated self-help guidance provided at intake, which indicated that Tier 1 is not manually updated through support and that eligibility is reviewed case by case. The guidance also suggested verifying subscription eligibility, resource creation under the same subscription, and model-region support, but I have not performed these checks.

Current status

The Tier 1 request has been pending for about four days, and I cannot select the tier during resource setup. I seek clarification on my subscription's eligibility for Tier 1 and guidance on how to proceed to resolve this issue.or I want an update that rather I'm eligible or not

Azure OpenAI in Foundry Models
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.