You are not eligible for microsoft azure sponsorship

Chin Din 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T09:28:49.7933333+00:00

I created a new Microsoft account using my Gmail address from Sri Lanka (Eligible for the program as I checked ) and proceeded with the application. I also used my personal LinkedIn account during the application process.

When I reached the sponsorship application, I was asked to provide the necessary details, including the credit card/payment information for payment processing. However, after completing the required information, I received the following message:

“You are not eligible for Microsoft Azure sponsorship.”

Unfortunately, there is no specific reason or explanation provided for why I’m considered ineligible.

For the moment, I have all the necessary company information available, including:

  • Company registration / Business Registration (BR)
  • D-U-N-S number
  • Company information and registration details
  • Other documentation that may be required for verification

My question is: Has anyone experienced this issue before, particularly when applying with a newly created Microsoft account and a personal Gmail/LinkedIn account?

If there are any additional requirements, verification steps, or account-related conditions that I need to satisfy before I can proceed, I’d really appreciate some guidance on what I should check or change.

I’m mainly trying to understand why the application is being rejected at the eligibility stage and whether there is a way to proceed with the application/verification process.

Any advice or experience from someone who has successfully gone through the Azure sponsorship application would be greatly appreciated.

Azure | Azure Startups
Azure | Azure Startups

Startups: Companies that are in their initial stages of business and typically developing a business model and seeking financing.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.