How do I open multiple emails all at once (when I select several emails and hit enter, it only opens one of them)?

Phill 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T07:03:22.4266667+00:00

How do I open multiple emails all at once (when I select several emails and hit enter, it only opens one of them)?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Julie Huynh 3,770 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T08:35:47.14+00:00

    Dear @Phil,

    Good day! Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum!

    Regarding your situation, to better understand your expected outcome, I performed a test in the new Outlook for Windows. When I selected multiple emails and chose View > Open in new tab, Outlook opened the selected messages together as tabs within the same window, allowing me to switch between them individually.

    User's image

    User's image

    May I ask if this is the behavior you're looking for, or were you expecting all selected emails to open simultaneously in separate windows?

    Any additional details about your desired workflow would be greatly appreciated and will help me provide more accurate guidance.

    Any updates you’re able to share would be really helpful.

    I'm here and happy to help! Thank you for your kindness and patience!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.