Can I bold an email folder name or change the color it is displayed in?

Jonathan Meltzer 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T21:27:01.1+00:00

Email folder name - Can I bold an email folder name or change the color it is displayed in?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ryan-N 16,110 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-01T21:35:42.25+00:00

    Hi Jonathan,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    At the moment, there is no setting in New Outlook that allows you to bold folders or change the entire display color of a folder.

    However, you can change the color of the folder icon to make the folder easier to identify and stand out.

    To do this, right-click the folder whose color you want to change > select Change Color.

    User's image

     I hope this information is helpful.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.