Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Hi @Andrew
Thank you for raising this. I understand why you consider reliable S/MIME support essential, particularly when digitally signed messages are used to verify the sender and confirm that the message has not been altered.
However, I should clarify that I am only a regular community user, not a Microsoft employee or a member of the Outlook engineering team. Therefore, I cannot make product changes, arrange an update, or commit Microsoft to releasing a fix by a specific deadline.
The thread you referenced appears to concern an S/MIME signature that cannot be verified when the message is viewed in a secondary account or mailbox.
To determine whether you are experiencing the same issue, could you please provide the following information?
- What exact Outlook version and build are you using?
- Does the issue occur in the primary mailbox, a shared mailbox, or a secondary account?
- What exact warning or verification error is displayed?
- Does the same signed message verify successfully when opened directly in the primary mailbox?
- Is the issue affecting every S/MIME-signed message or only messages from specific senders?
- Have you confirmed that the signing certificate and its complete certificate chain are valid and trusted on the affected device?
Please let me know more details.