I need Administrator Access

Mark Bergen 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T14:01:15.7933333+00:00

I am the Chief Commercial Officer. I need Administrator access. How do I complete that task?

Azure Role-based access control
Azure Role-based access control

An Azure service that provides fine-grained access management for Azure resources, enabling you to grant users only the rights they need to perform their jobs.


1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-01T14:01:30.0533333+00:00

    To get full Azure administrative access, assign the correct role at the highest required scope.

    1. In the Azure portal, go to Management Groups or Subscriptions.
    2. Select the root management group or the relevant subscription.
    3. Open Access Control (IAM).
    4. Select Add role assignment.
    5. Assign the Owner role to the user account.

    This allows permissions to inherit down to child resources unless something lower in the hierarchy blocks inheritance.

    If access is still incomplete, check the affected resource:

    1. Open the resource in the Azure portal.
    2. Go to Access Control (IAM).
    3. Review for Deny Assignments or custom role overrides.
    4. Remove or adjust restrictions that block inherited permissions.

    If only specific admin capabilities are needed, assign only the minimum required role instead of broad full access.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.