Unable to set up an email address, the process was blocked, help please.

Matt Welsh 10 Reputation points
2026-10-01T13:26:26.46+00:00

I am trying to set up a hotmail account for my father in law, though it keeps blocking me when trying to do so, can you please log in to my screen and take me through the process, or can I speak to someone over the phone. Cheers Matt

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer recommended by moderator
Matt Welsh 10 Reputation points
2026-10-01T13:43:55.97+00:00

I have sorted it, not sure if I forgot a tick box or something but have been able to set up the account on my phone. All sorted. Thanks Matt.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Bulldog 4,765 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T13:45:07.95+00:00

    Hotmail was actually discontinued in 2013. Its successor is Outlook. Existing Hotmail accounts continue to work, but new Hotmail accounts won't be created.

    From Microsoft: Create a Microsoft Outlook email account

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.