I'm trying to save my Publisher files before October 1st and I can no longer have access to them!

Zelphia Phillips 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T21:01:20.1466667+00:00

I was supposed to receive a call form one of your technicians at -removed for privacy- and the phone rang I was on hold and suddenly I was disconnected! Can you please have the technician call me back. Thank you!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | For home

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ian-T 13,280 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-01T02:15:40.4133333+00:00

    Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data. 


    Hi @Zelphia Phillips

    I’m sorry the support call was disconnected. This is a public forum, so forum moderators cannot arrange for a technician to call you back. Please also avoid posting your phone number or other personal information here.

    As of October 1, 2026, Microsoft 365 subscribers can no longer access Publisher to open or edit .pub files. If you own a perpetual version of Publisher, you may still be able to use it, although support ends on October 13, 2026.

    Please check whether Publisher is still installed and whether your license is a Microsoft 365 subscription or a perpetual Office license. If it is installed and opens, immediately save important publications as PDF through File > Save As > PDF. For further assistance with the disconnected support request, reopen your existing support case through the same Microsoft Support channel and provide the case number rather than your phone number in this public thread.

    Thank you for your understanding and time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.