Blob Storage: Recovering Deleted Containers — No Soft Delete Enabled

HamzaMsiah-1096 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T17:01:13.59+00:00

Problem description

I am seeking assistance to recover three deleted blob containers and their contents from a storage account. The containers were deleted around May 14, 2026, and I need to restore the data. Soft delete and versioning were not enabled at the time of deletion.

Environment

Blob Storage containers in one Azure Storage account, located in an unspecified region. The storage account uses Standard LRS replication. Recovery scope is container-level; data protection settings report that blob soft delete, container soft delete, blob versioning, point-in-time restore, and Azure Backup were all disabled.

What I've already tried

I reviewed the case details, which included the original recovery request and configuration. I examined the recovery path for deleted storage accounts, but it does not apply to container-level recovery. I also reviewed the Azure portal's container undelete workflow, which requires soft delete to be enabled and the deletion within retention period. My configuration indicates that soft delete and versioning were disabled, so these features cannot be used for recovery. No diagnostic outputs or additional tests were performed.

Current status

Currently, I understand that with soft delete, versioning, point-in-time restore, and Azure Backup disabled, the deleted containers and their data are not recoverable through standard Azure Blob Storage features. I am seeking guidance on whether any external or advanced recovery options exist, or if there is confirmation that data recovery is impossible under these conditions.

Azure Blob Storage
Azure Blob Storage

An Azure service that stores unstructured data in the cloud as blobs.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Divyesh Govaerdhanan 11,890 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-30T23:48:23.21+00:00

    Hello HamzaMsiah-1096,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A,

    Unfortunately, this data cannot be recovered. Without container soft delete, blob soft delete, versioning, or point-in-time restore enabled at the time of deletion, Azure does not retain any copy of the deleted containers or their contents once the delete completes.

    Please click Accept Answer and upvote if this helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.