Issues with CM 2603/2609 in-console update - unsupported OS version of SQL cluster

Bojan Zivkovic 651 Reputation points
2026-09-30T15:26:00.4266667+00:00

Hi, I have issues with CM 2603/2609 in-console update - prerequisite check for some reason is trying to retrieve OS version of SQL Cluster (computer account of SQL cluster) and that obviously fails (it should use remote registry and that never works with cluster name). As such, prerequisite check says CurrentVersion = , and errors out with unsupported OS version info.

I have had SQL Cluster hosting CM database right from the start of CM primary site deployment and I have never had issues with prerequisite check until version 2603. This means I am "stuck" on version 2509 whose support will end in May next year. It seems that something was changed in prerequisite check in versions 2603/2609. Still nothing from MS support - ticket opened way back in June.

NOTE: In other AD forest where Configuration Manager 2509 database is hosted on local standalone SQL server I do not have this error so definitely only CM infrastructures with database hosted on SQL cluster are affected.

Microsoft Security | Intune | Configuration Manager | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Bojan Zivkovic 651 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T15:28:32.2833333+00:00

    This used to be place to get answers - obviously not anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.