can't add text into a PDF file.

chenyouzhan 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T09:20:23.0366667+00:00

When I select the 'add text' tool, after I finish typing the text and click outside the text box, the text disappears. I can't send an .mp4 file to explain more clearly about the issue I'm having because it's not supported here.

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

19 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T09:20:47.7+00:00

    I got it. Seems like this is a Bug.

    • Please press ALT+SHIFT+I in MS Edge to open the feedback Panel.
    • Describe your problem in detail.

    This sends the problem report to the Engineers. Once they complete the investigation, Microsoft will email you informing you that it is fixed. However, it may take weeks.


    A friendly reminder that this is a user-to-user forum where users help other users.

    Experts or Advisors participating here cannot make changes to Microsoft services or access internal systems and can only provide technical guidance, irrespective of Microsoft's Policy decisions.

    I hope this information helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T12:49:15.03+00:00

    Thank you, yes. We are on the same page.

    Please go to this page:

    edge://settings/languages

    For testing, can you set Edge language as English (USA) and let me know if the problem can be reproduced.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T15:48:05.59+00:00

    Although I know the issue, but you can either upload on Onedrive.com or Youtube and drop the link. This ensures we are on the same page.

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T02:24:03.6266667+00:00

    Last solution before I ask you to file a bug report:

    In the Windows search, 

    Type cmd, right-click it, and choose Run as Administrator.

    Paste this command:

    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewPDFReaderEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.