Azure Local: Connection Disconnected After Certificate Rotation Failure

Christian Götz 15 Reputation points
2026-09-30T06:47:05.71+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing a disconnection issue with my Azure Local cluster in West ***. The cluster became OutOfPolicy and disconnected around August 18, 2026, after a failed certificate rotation event. The token acquisition fails with error code AADSTS700027, indicating a problem with the signing certificate. The registered certificates on the application do not exist on either node, and the local certificates do not include any from August 2026. I need assistance understanding the root cause and how to restore connectivity.

Environment

Azure Local service, cluster on Dell Technologies hardware, Region: West Europe, OS version 24H2 / 26100.x, Build: 12.2605.1003.210.

What I've already tried

I have reviewed the support case and attempted to verify the certificates on the nodes. I confirmed that the registered certificates do not exist on the nodes and that the local certificate stores do not contain any certificates from the rotation date. I also reviewed the module logs attached in the case. However, I have not performed any troubleshooting steps beyond that, as the case indicates.

Current status

I am seeking guidance on identifying the current signing certificate used by the cluster, how to properly upload a matching public certificate to Entra ID, and how to repair the registration to restore connectivity. I would appreciate detailed steps and any diagnostic commands to run.

Azure Local
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.