Content Understanding Service: Region Availability Issue in Microsoft Foundry — Assistance Needed

HXK-0378 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T21:19:27.9433333+00:00

TITLE: Content Understanding: Region Support Discrepancy in Microsoft Foundry — Assistance Needed

DETAILS:

Problem description

I am unable to provision the Azure Content Understanding service in Microsoft Foundry within the Canada Central region. Although the official documentation indicates that Canada Central is supported, this region does not appear in the region list in Content Understanding Studio, preventing me from completing setup.

Environment

Azure AI Foundry / Foundry Tools; Service: Azure Content Understanding; Target region: Canada Central; No additional resource names, subscription details, or tenant-specific configuration were available in the case record.

What I've already tried

I reviewed the official documentation and verified that Canada Central is listed as a supported region. I checked Microsoft Foundry and in the Build space > Services blade, selecting a Content Understanding playground leads to a "Region not supported" error. I checked Content Understanding Studio and confirmed that Canada Central was not available in the region selector. No additional troubleshooting steps, diagnostic findings, or repro steps beyond the initial report are documented.

The following pages suggest Azure Content Understanding is generally available in Canada Central:

Current status

I seek assistance to understand why Canada Central is not appearing in Content Understanding Studio despite being listed as supported and to determine if there is a backend availability issue or further steps I should take. Case ID: 31af6335-b5572d94-103a6204-2be4-4390-a3fa-5d159346508e

Azure Content Understanding in Foundry Tools
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. JonathanPe 17,675 Reputation points Moderator
    2026-09-30T00:47:17.44+00:00

    Hi @HXK-0378

    If Canada Central is listed as a supported region in the official Azure Content Understanding documentation, but it does not appear in Content Understanding Studio and the service returns**"Region not supported"**, that suggests a platform-side availability or rollout issue rather than a configuration issue in your tenant.

    Since you've already verified:

    • The documentation lists Canada Central as supported.
    • The region is missing from the Studio selector.
    • Foundry returns a region support error.

    There isn't a client-side setting I am aware of that would make a supported region disappear from the service list.

    Given that you already have a support case (31af6335-b5572d94-103a6204-2be4-4390-a3fa-5d159346508e), I would recommend having the case reviewed by the Azure Content Understanding product team to confirm whether there is an ongoing backend deployment, temporary restriction, or regional availability issue affecting Canada Central.

    If this helps, please mark the answer as helpful or accepted. It may help others encountering the same region availability discrepancy.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.