Problem with my Boat Rockerz 510 wireless headphones!

Aniket Saha 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T18:41:04.03+00:00

I recently used a 3rd party software - PC Helpsoft to update all my drivers but now it has messed with my headphones settings. My headphones don't work on regular applications like browsers or spotify, yet I can still hear the system sounds like the "ding" sound when you increase or decrease your system volume. Other than this, specific applications like Zoom and Google Meet do give sound and I can hear sound from other apps while in the meetings, yet after I leave them I can't hear anything.

Not to mention, somehow my normal audio option has disappeared and only the "Hands-Free Stereo Audio" option is present in the device manager sound settings.

As mentioned previously, even when the headphones do work, they produce a very "rough" kind of sound, not like before where it was smooth and soft. Previously the sound came in rough but smoothened out after a few seconds, but now that persists during the few situations (meetings, calls) when I can actually hear through them.

Oh and I forgot to mention this but sometimes the HEADPHONES CONNECT ONLY WITH MIC, and then I can hear sounds, but as I said, its rough and choppy.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I AM GOING INSANE.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. _AW_ 69,901 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-30T06:38:55.42+00:00

    See if you can Point-in-time restore to a point prior to updating the drivers.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/experience/backup-recovery/point-time-restore-for-windows

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Emma1-N 13,430 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-30T03:08:47.34+00:00

    Welcome Aniket Saha,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on your description, it sounds like the driver update performed by the third-party utility may have replaced the Bluetooth audio drivers with an incompatible version. The fact that only the "Hands-Free" profile remains and the normal stereo audio device has disappeared is an important clue.

    Before suggesting more advanced repairs, could you confirm:

    • Are the Boat Rockerz 510 headphones connected through Bluetooth or with a cable?
    • Do you see Boat Rockerz 510 Stereo, A2DP, or any audio device with a yellow warning icon in "Device Manager" > "Bluetooth" or "Sound, video and game controllers"?

    In the meantime, please try these steps:

    1. Open Device Manager
    2. Expand Bluetooth and Sound, video and game controllers
    3. Right-click any entries related to Boat Rockerz 510 and select Uninstall device. If you see Delete the driver software for this device, check that box.
    4. Restart the PC, then remove the headphones from Settings > Bluetooth & devices, pair them again, and test the audio.

    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".    

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.