I was double charged during my 365 purchase

Tom Sommerville 0 Reputation points
2026-09-27T16:42:05.0333333+00:00

After I purchased my new laptop, I ordered 365 on a monthly introductory offer for $1.99. After trying out the introductory package, I decided to purchase the full 365 package for $99.99 per year. During the purchase process when it appeared, I selected the auto renewal option. When I searched my credit card statement, I learned that I was billed $1.99, $99.99, & $99.99 a second time. It appears the autorenewal process is the problem with the additional charge being placed on my card. I want to keep the autorenewal selection, but I'm sure that will take place next year, not a full year in advance. Please make the necessary corrections and issue a credit back to my credit card for the one of the $99.99 charges. Also, please cancel the $1.99 monthly charge and issue a refund for that charge back to my credit card. Since I bought the full 365 package, I no longer want the $1.99 package. Thank You in advance,

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Dio Xavier 296.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-27T16:46:13.31+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to the Microsoft 365 and Office Community.

    Good morning. 1. Log in to your account by entering the same email credentials and password you used for the subscription

    to request a refund:

    1. Go to your Microsoft account page;

    2. Under Payment and Billing, click Order History;

    3. In the order you want a refund, click Request Return;

    4. Follow the steps on the screen

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.