cancel SharePoint subscription PLEASE!

Sc 20 Reputation points
2026-09-26T12:51:13.3566667+00:00

I signed up for SharePoint subscription months ago and have been charged every month but CANNOT login because my phone is rooted and the ms authenticator app doesn't work on rooted phones! I just want to cancel the subscription but can only login to my ms account using my personal account because the authenticator app is needed for my SharePoint account!!! PLEASE HELP!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Android
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Demi Nguyen 2,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-26T13:15:11.8133333+00:00

Please note: This is a user-to-user Community forum. No one here can access Microsoft’s backend systems, create a support ticket, or make changes to your account, tenant, or billing information. You must contact Microsoft Support directly, as only an authorized support agent can assist with these requests. 

Hello Sc,

If Microsoft Authenticator detects that an Android device is rooted, all existing and new work or school accounts are blocked on that device to protect the organization. Reinstalling Authenticator on the same rooted phone will not resolve the issue.

For more information, please refer to: Jailbreak/root detection in Microsoft Authenticator | Microsoft Support

You will need to either remove the root modifications and return the phone to a supported state, or use a different phone that is not rooted and register Microsoft Authenticator again.

Could you please confirm whether there is another active Global Administrator in your Microsoft 365 organization?

If another administrator is available, ask that administrator to remove your old Authenticator method or require MFA re-registration for your account. You can then register Authenticator again on a supported, non-rooted device. The administrator can follow the guidance below: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication

If you are the only administrator and no other verification method is available, you will need to contact Microsoft Support. The appropriate support team must verify your identity and tenant ownership before assisting with an MFA reset or transferring the subscription cancellation request to the Billing team. Please try to find the related hotline number to call the frontline and let them raise a ticket for you: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support

Here are some tips and an example of a prompt to help you navigate the IVR more effectively:  

(When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)    

In some regions, the initial interaction may be automated, so here’s a general idea of how the conversation might go to help you prepare:      

  • What kind of problem are you experiencing?         
  • Answer: Authenticator         
  • What products do you use?         
  • Answer: Office 365 for business         
  • Is this for an education or company account?         
  • Answer: For companies         
  • Are you an administrator?         
  • Answer: Yes         
  • Are there any other administrators in your organization?         
  • Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant          
  • Do you need a... Service request?          
  • Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me direct to the Data Protection Teams.      

I also recommend calling during business hours. In my experience, it can be difficult to get through to the correct support queue, and automated systems don't always work as expected. If you can't get through on your first try, I suggest trying again later or at a different time.

Please do not share passwords, verification codes, payment information, or tenant details in this public forum.

Kind regards,

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Sumit 44,606 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-26T13:35:29.7+00:00

    Why can you not install Authenticator on another non-rooted phone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Sc 20 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T13:33:35.3466667+00:00

    Hi Demi, Thank you so much for your detailed answer. As I explained in my question I was aware that I am posting in the personal forum as I can't login to my business account due to authenticator. I understand about rooted phones and do it for better security so won't be unrooting it.

    I spent over 3 hours today trying to get an agent on the chat, called the Irish number and neither would connect to a human. The online won't connect me as I have to login using my personal account as I can't login with my business account. It's a relentless circle with no help.

    Again thanks so much for your answer, I really appreciate it.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.