POWERPOINT MICROSOFT 365 DOESN'T WORK

LAM THI NHU Y 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T08:30:33.1866667+00:00

When I open Microsoft PowerPoint, a message appears asking me whether I want to start the application in Safe Mode. However, when I click "Yes," one of the following two situations occurs:

PowerPoint opens, but it automatically closes after I click a few times (approximately three clicks).

PowerPoint fails to open at all.

In both cases, PowerPoint does not display any error messages or provide an explanation for why it stops working.

I have already tried both the "Quick Repair" and "Online Repair" options, but the problem persists.User's image

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For education | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Roebe Ta 1,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-25T08:54:54.6133333+00:00

    Hello @LAM THI NHU Y,

    I'm sorry to hear that PowerPoint is not working as expected.

    To help provide the most accurate and effective solution, could you please share a bit more information about your environment?

    • What version of Windows are you using (Windows 10 or Windows 11)?
    • Are other Microsoft 365 applications, such as Word and Excel, working normally?
    • Does PowerPoint crash when opening a blank presentation, or only when opening specific files?
    • Have there been any recent changes to your device, such as Windows updates, Office updates, or new software installations?
    • As you mentioned that you have already tried both Quick Repair and Online Repair, may I confirm whether these were performed through Control Panel > Programs and Features > Microsoft 365 > Change?

    This additional context will help us better understand your environment and determine the root cause of the issue.

    In the meantime, please try the following steps to open PowerPoint in Safe Mode manually:

    Before performing any troubleshooting steps, I recommend backing up all important data to a secure location to prevent any potential data loss.

    • Open PowerPoint in Safe Mode by pressing Windows + R, type: powerpnt /safe
    • If PowerPoint opens in Safe Mode, disable any add-ins: File > Options > Add-ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Uncheck all > OK.

    User's image

    • Close PowerPoint and launch it normally to check whether the issue persists.

    If the issue persists, please also try:

    • Open PowerPoint in Safe Mode again.
    • Navigate to File > Options > Advanced.
    • Under Display, check Disable Slide Show hardware graphics acceleration.

    User's image

    • Restart PowerPoint and test again.

    Looking forward to your response so we can investigate this further and get PowerPoint working properly again.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Roebe Ta 1,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-28T13:17:43.9833333+00:00

    Hi @LAM THI NHU Y,

    At this point, I would recommend having the device examined by a trusted computer repair technician or local computer service center. They can perform more advanced diagnostics on Windows system files, user profiles, hardware, and other software conflicts that may not be easily identified through standard Office troubleshooting.

    Additionally, if you are using a school or educational Microsoft 365 account, I recommend contacting your school's IT support team. They may be able to check for organization-specific policies, licensing issues, or device management settings that could be contributing to the problem.

    Hopefully they can identify the root cause and get PowerPoint working properly again.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.