Buffers in any quality (Only Full games on-demand)

Ariel Bendit 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T06:01:20.4066667+00:00

I am watching NBA League Pass from Israel.

I have already reached to league pass support but the buffers do persist only on 2025-26 Full Game Replays content in any quality. Since May 22nd I do wait for a solution and I did open some tickets. Condensed games works well from that season as well as previous seasons. I know I have nothing to do because I have already done everything possible in my end. - I did try to change DNS, reset router, update gpu, disable extensions & VPN, switch & update browser, update PC, disable hardware acceleration and clear cache & data.

Did I miss something? what may be the source of this issue?

I don't know but my assumption is content delivery network. - (CDN). Why? - Different DNS did not help, automatic DNS did not work. something in the encoding or codec should be. I can't do anything.

Some notes:

  • No HTTP error codes.
  • I do choose to post here because Microsoft Azure powers NBA League Pass as far as I checked.
  • on Fetch/XHR requests fetching the video streams, often taking 900ms+. (According to developer tools) which test in a random game on April 20th (Raptors VS Cavaliers Game 2). But it happens frequently.

I will recap my questions:

  1. Who may affect it except for NBA League Pass?
  2. why is taking so much time to fix this issue if this is not a problem in my end?

Could an engineer look into whether there is regional congestion, routing inefficiencies, or high server load on the Azure CDN / Azure Front Door edge nodes serving this media traffic?

Azure Content Delivery Network
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Taz 10,126 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-25T08:31:15.6466667+00:00

    Hi Ariel,

    Since the issue happens only with the full-game replays from one season, while condensed games work normally, this points more toward the media delivery/encoding path for that content than your local setup.

    Azure Front Door/CDN can be involved, but a 900 ms+ request time alone does not prove edge congestion. Front Door exposes metrics such as BackendRequestLatency and TotalLatency, and its reference string can help identify the serving POP and backend status.

    The useful next step is for NBA League Pass to trace one affected playback session and compare it with a working condensed game, including the CDN/Front Door POP, cache status, origin latency, and media-segment requests. Azure Front Door is designed for video-on-demand delivery, so Microsoft would normally need the service owner's telemetry to investigate a possible regional routing or origin problem.

    Since you have already ruled out the common client-side causes and League Pass support has an open history, I would continue with them and specifically ask for escalation to their CDN/video-delivery team rather than changing more settings on your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.