How do I install Microsoft Access on my new Windows 11 computer?

Dan Bishop 20 Reputation points
2026-09-24T20:45:40.9066667+00:00

I have used Access for decades. I just bought a new computer with Windows 11 and downloaded Office 365 since my subscription for Office 365 Family was current. I then upgraded to Office 365 Premium to get better CoPilot experience. But now I cannot find Access on my new computer. I need to install Access ASAP!!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Hendrix 1,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-24T21:31:06.1333333+00:00

Hi Dan,

Regarding your concern, Access is included with Microsoft 365 Family, and your upgrade to Microsoft 365 Premium should not remove that entitlement.

Therefore, please first locate Access on your computer by pressing the Windows key and typing Access. If Microsoft Access appears, open it and sign in with the Microsoft account that owns your Microsoft 365 Premium subscription.

If Access is not found, repair your Office 365 installation:

  • Close all Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
  • Open Settings (or press Windows + I) > go to Apps > Installed apps.
  • Find the Office Apps package > select the three dots (…) next to it and choose Modify.
  • If prompted by User Account Control, select Yes. 
  • Run Quick Repair first. If the problem persists, run Online Repair later.

For reference: Repair an Office application | Microsoft Support

If Access is still missing, reinstall a fresh new package:

  • Close all Office applications and open Settings (or press Windows + I) > Apps > Installed apps.
  • Find the Office Apps package > select the three dots (…) next to it and choose Uninstall
  • Go to https://m365.cloud.microsoft/apps and sign in with the Microsoft account you used to upgrade the subscription > select Install apps > select Microsoft 365 apps.
  • Run DownloadSetup.exe and keep the computer connected to the internet until installation finishes.
  • Restart your computer, then search for Access again.

Hope this information helps. Should you have any other questions, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post. I'm happy to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Dan Bishop 20 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T23:18:57.0466667+00:00

    Accepted. I did have to reload the entire 365 suite to finally get access to Access. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.