I need to talk to a live person about saving my Publisher files for future use.

Tim Womack 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T06:39:14.89+00:00

Publisher is ending. I use Publisher for many things. I have not found a solution to save, edit and use what I have already created. I also need to know what I can use that gives me what Publisher has provided.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chloe-V 13,460 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-01T06:41:18.9133333+00:00

    Hi @Tim Womack

    I understand how important your Publisher files are, especially when they contain work you have created and reused for many years. Before Publisher reaches end of support, keep the original .pub files and save important publications as PDF files for future viewing and printing. For content that must remain editable, you can open the PDF in Word, although complex layouts and graphics may not convert exactly. For future projects, Microsoft recommends Word or PowerPoint, depending on the type of publication.

    To discuss your files and replacement options with a live support agent:

    • Go to Contact Microsoft Support.
    • Select Show expanded list of products.
    • Choose Office > Get Home support.
    • Type live chat in the search box, then select Get Help > Contact Support.
    • If you cannot sign in to the affected account, sign in with a different Microsoft account to access the available support options.
    • Under Ask our Support Assistant, type Talk to live chat agent, then select Contact Support.
    • Under Products & Services, select Microsoft 365 and Office > Billing and Account Profile Question.
    • Choose Chat with a support agent via web browser. Microsoft confirms that live chat may be offered through its support flow.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

    Thank you for your understanding. 


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.