Unable to activate Azure for Students through verified GitHub Student Developer Pack

Simran Jaiswal 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T08:01:54.2466667+00:00

Hi, I have a verified GitHub Student Developer Pack. My GitHub Education page shows that my student benefits are verified and active until September 16, 2028.

The Microsoft Azure offer is available in my GitHub Student Developer Pack and says “Get access by connecting your GitHub account on Microsoft Azure.”

However, when I click the Azure offer, I am redirected to the Azure for Students academic verification page instead of being able to connect my GitHub account.

I also tried the Azure student verification link, but it again takes me to academic verification. My college email domain is not registered for Azure academic verification.

I also encountered an AADSTS50011 redirect URI mismatch error when trying the Azure signup flow.

Could you please help me activate the Azure for Students benefit through my verified GitHub Student Developer Pack, or tell me what verification step is required in my case?

Thank you.

Azure Cloud Services
Azure Cloud Services

An Azure platform as a service offer that is used to deploy web and cloud applications.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Taz 10,126 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-23T20:00:21.1+00:00

    Hi Simran,

    A verified GitHub Student Developer Pack does not by itself create an Azure for Students subscription. Azure still has its own eligibility and verification process.

    Since your college domain is not recognized by Azure, try the GitHub verification-code flow from the Azure student signup page. You can use Sign in with GitHub and enter the Azure verification code provided through the GitHub Student Developer Pack.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.