Excel is constantly freezing on the saving screen on my iPad pro

Nicole VDK 5 Reputation points
2026-09-18T04:39:27.1633333+00:00

Hello

I use excel on my iPad Pro and since Tuesday I haven’t been able to use any of my workbooks as it just freezes when I tell it to save. It hasn’t auto saved correctly for at least 6 months either so I usually manually save it every 15 mins. I have tried the below solutions:

delete the app and redownload it

turn off the iPad and on again

save the file with a new name

Tried to delete old hidden sheets but without being able to save as soon as I do a single bit of work it wont stick

Tried to make a new workbook to test it but it won’t save

tried to do it off line but it won’t change anything

Tried using another simpler workbook

Followed advice on clearing things up in iPad settings

Sometimes I can save but usually it won’t work after a minute or doing something as simple as inserting a line. It’s quite frustrating. I have lots of work to do and I just can’t do it or even print sheets.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | iOS

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. loise cadot guerin 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-27T09:27:36.5133333+00:00

    Depuis le 19 septembre 2026, l'ouverture de fichiers Excel depuis l'application OneDrive Android ne fonctionne plus correctement.

    Le problème concerne plusieurs téléphones et tablettes utilisant le même compte Microsoft et tous les fichiers Excel.

    Dans OneDrive, lorsque je clique sur l'icône Excel du fichier, Excel s'ouvre, affiche une pendule pendant quelques secondes puis affiche « Une erreur est survenue ».

    Le problème est également apparu sur une tablette qui fonctionnait auparavant, sans modification de sa configuration.

    Les applications OneDrive et Excel sont à jour. Le cache de OneDrive et Excel a été vidé et les appareils ont été redémarrés, sans résultat.

    Si j'utilise « ⋮ → Ouvrir avec Excel », le fichier s'ouvre mais uniquement en lecture seule avec « Enregistrer une copie ».

    En revanche, le même fichier est parfaitement accessible et modifiable sur PC et via OneDrive dans Chrome.

    Cela semble donc concerner l'intégration entre l'application OneDrive Android et Excel mobile, et non les fichiers ou leurs autorisations.

    Pouvez-vous vérifier s'il existe actuellement un incident connu concernant OneDrive Android → Excel ou une régression récente de l'application ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Nicole VDK 5 Reputation points
    2026-09-21T04:11:31.2866667+00:00

    I just did an update to ISO 26.7 and my workbook is working fine including saving and printing.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Nicole VDK 5 Reputation points
    2026-09-18T04:44:46.78+00:00

    I have done everything in your solution and none of it worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.