A central hub of Azure cloud migration services and tools to discover, assess, and migrate workloads to the cloud.
@Cristian Admin @VEMULA SRISAI @Vinodh247-1375 I am having this same issue. What was the resolution in this case?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Migration couldn't be enabled for the virtual machine. (Code: 110099)
I am migrating VMware VMs to Azure using Azure Migrate (agentless migration).
Issue: When I select a discovered VMware VM and start replication, Azure Migrate fails with the following error:
Migration couldn't be enabled for the virtual machine. (Code: 110099)
Environment:
Current behavior:
Troubleshooting completed:
Has anyone encountered Error 110099 and identified the root cause? Are there any logs or specific VMware VM configuration settings I should check?I am migrating VMware VMs to Azure using Azure Migrate (agentless migration).
Issue: When I select a discovered VMware VM and start replication, Azure Migrate fails with the following error:
Migration couldn't be enabled for the virtual machine. (Code: 110099)
Environment:
Current behavior:
Troubleshooting completed:
Has anyone encountered Error 110099 and identified the root cause? Are there any logs or specific VMware VM configuration settings I should check?
A central hub of Azure cloud migration services and tools to discover, assess, and migrate workloads to the cloud.
@Cristian Admin @VEMULA SRISAI @Vinodh247-1375 I am having this same issue. What was the resolution in this case?
Hi ,
Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A.
Error 110099 is typically a failure during the replication enablement stage, rather than VM discovery. Since the VM is discovered successfully but never appears under Replicating Machines, the issue is most likely occurring when Azure Migrate attempts to configure replication.
I recommend checking the Azure Migrate appliance logs immediately after reproducing the error to identify the underlying failure. Also verify that the VMware VM does not use any unsupported configurations such as:
As an isolation test, try enabling replication for a different small VMware VM with a standard configuration. If that VM replicates successfully, the issue is likely specific to the original VM. If multiple VMs fail with the same error, review appliance health, vCenter permissions, VMware connectivity, and the Azure Migrate target configuration.
Help make this community better for everyone: if this answer resolved your issue, please accept it or leave an upvote. If not, share more details in a comment so we can continue the discussion and find the right solution.