Refund Request – Duplicate Microsoft 365 Personal Purchase

FELIPE DERESER 0 Reputation points
2026-07-28T21:55:20.1366667+00:00

ar Microsoft Support,

I would like to request a refund for a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription that I accidentally purchased.

My annual Microsoft 365 Personal subscription had already been automatically renewed on June 8, 2026, and it was fully active.

On July 28, 2026, while trying to resolve an Office activation problem on my Mac, I mistakenly believed that my subscription had expired because Office displayed activation errors.

As a result, I purchased another Microsoft 365 Personal subscription.

After troubleshooting and reinstalling Microsoft Office, I confirmed that my original subscription had always been active and that the problem was caused only by a corrupted local Office installation.

Therefore, the purchase made on July 28, 2026 was an unintentional duplicate purchase of a subscription that I already owned.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in reviewing my case and issuing a refund for the duplicate purchase.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Felipe Dereser

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | MacOS

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T00:14:37.65+00:00

    Directly from Microsoft

    Hi, @FELIPE DERESER

    Thank you for getting back to me. Since some time has passed since your original post, are you still having the same issue with the duplicate Microsoft 365 Personal purchase?

    If so, thank you for confirming that it was purchased directly from Microsoft.

    Please check whether the July 28 subscription still appears separately here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/services

    Also check your Order history and change the date range so the July 28 purchase is visible:

    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders


    Since this is a refund request, you can also contact Microsoft Support directly and ask the Billing team to review the duplicate purchase:

    https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    When contacting them, explain that your original Microsoft 365 Personal subscription had already renewed on June 8, 2026, and that the July 28, 2026 purchase was an accidental duplicate.


    If the issue is still ongoing, let me know whether both subscriptions are currently showing under “Services & subscriptions.”

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. FELIPE DERESER 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-29T20:40:04.4566667+00:00

    Directly from Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.