How can I change the calendar in Microsoft Planner so the week starts on Monday?

James Clarke 20 Reputation points
2026-05-21T09:03:33.3233333+00:00

When I use Microsoft Planner the calendar view shows the week starting on Sunday, which is the end of the week.

User's image

How can I change the settings so that the week starts on Monday? I have looked in the settings and I can see that under "regional format" under language and time zones you can change other calendar details such as time zones and date format (21/5/26 v 5/21/26 etc) but there does not seem to be any option to either start the week on a Monday or not show weekends, which I can do in the calendar in Outlook, for example.

When I first started using Planner the week did begin with Monday but it changed at some point.

Some of my colleagues still have a calendar view with the week starting on Monday, so this cannot be an organisation-wide admin setting.

I am using Planner in the Edge browser on a Windows 11 PC.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Project | For business | Windows

Answer accepted by question author
Liora D 18,930 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-05-21T09:50:01.11+00:00

Dear @James Clarke,

I hope you’re having a good day.

To clarify first: in Microsoft Planner, there isn’t an option to directly control which day the week starts on. What you’re seeing is actually by design. Planner doesn’t manage this setting itself, it inherits it from your regional (locale) configuration, which can come from your Microsoft 365 profile or your browser/system environment.

That also explains why different users in the same organization can see different behavior.

Planner is currently picking up a region that uses Sunday as the first day of the week, most commonly: English (United States) > Sunday (default for many systems)

If your calendar used to start on Monday, it likely means something in your environment changed, for example your language/region in Microsoft 365, your browser settings, or even the device you’re using.

The most reliable way is to update your Microsoft 365 regional format, since that is what Planner typically follows.

To change these settings, navigate to your account’s Microsoft 365 language and region preferences, or adjust them directly in Teams under “Settings” > “General” > “App language”. Make sure you set it to a locale that starts the week on Monday. Restart Teams to confirm if your tasks now show Monday as the first day.

User's image

 

So, for your scenario, switching from something like English (United States) to English (United Kingdom) will usually result in the week starting on Monday.

User's image

I hope this helps clarify what’s happening and gets you back to a Monday-start week. Please feel free to reply below if you have any update or further concern.   

Warm regards, 


Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.   

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.