Managing and troubleshooting browser extensions in Edge on previous Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I was informed by Microsoft that it could do anything Chrome could do so it cloned Chrome and thought it could fool me. It worked for a few seconds. I am used to using Chrome all the time and I know the ins and outs of my browser. It didn't take long before I found out they could not do the things Chrome does. I immediately closed it and brought the original after I finally found it. I thought the discussion was over and then tonight it popped up in the middle of my screen with no way to x out and told me it would stay there until I confirmed it was my default browser and then they would copy all the information from Chrome so I would not miss it. I finally hit the right key and the regular browser came up. I came in here to file a complaint and the Version 138.0.3351.109 (Official build) (64-bit) is what I managed to get.
Managing and troubleshooting browser extensions in Edge on previous Windows versions
Hi there,
I’m Cherrelyn, and I’m here to help.
Microsoft sometimes prompts aggressively to set Edge as default, especially after updates, and it can feel intrusive especially when you’re familiar with and prefer Chrome. You're right to trust your instincts if the browser behavior doesn’t match what you're used to, it likely isn’t Chrome despite the appearance. I suggest double-checking your default app settings under Settings > Apps > Default apps to make sure Chrome is fully restored as the default for all web-related formats. Hopefully, this puts you back in full control of your browsing experience.
I hope this will help and if you have any question please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.
Warm regards,
Cherrelyn