Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Is anyone experiencing issues with videos not playing within SCORM files since the latest Android update of Edge?
I am experiencing either an error message "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported" or nothing happening at all. These videos play fine in other web browsers and on EDGE desktop.
Is this a settings related thing that needs to be changed or updated within EDGE or is it a error/bug in the release?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Juha,
The video I tried was one within a Rise-built SCORM file. I did not try SCORMs built in Storyline.
I have now tried the storyline version and can confirm these are NOT working correctly. The video loads with a black screen, No audio and no images.
Hope this helps.
Sam
Hi Hahn,
Thank you for your reply, sorry it has taken me a little while to respond back to you.
I will respond to each of your points in turn.
Video format. - Files are of compatible format. And successfully worked prior to the release of version 116. The issue only started after the version release.
There is a small difference in the result depending on the software used. The material produced on one package renders the mentioned error. Content from a different software package results in videos failing to load completely or the video playing without moving pictures on most occasions.
I would like to reiterate, that these videos played without a problem prior to version 116. I have tested the Edge beta version 118, and also seeing the same errors and problems.
Regarding your concern, we suggest trying the following troubleshooting steps:
Disclaimer: Your browser automatically saves temporary internet files to help pages load faster. Clearing this cache will sometimes fix website issues. Please back up all your personal files first, such as Favorites, to ensure you do not lose data.
If the issue still persists after trying the above steps, please provide us with more details such as the website or SCORM file you are trying to access, and any error messages you are receiving. This will help us investigate the issue further and provide you with a more accurate solution.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. If there is anything not clear, please do not hesitate to let me know.
I have attempted all the suggestions above without a resolution to the problem when using Edge on an Android mobile device. Both tablet and phone. Devices which are being used are Galaxy Tab Active Pro and Galaxy Xcover 5 and a Samsung a52s all running Android 13. The issue occurs even with a fresh installation of EDGE which has never been used before on a device. with existing installations, clearing cache, data and browser history, cookies etc does not fix the issue.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
We are also experiencing this issue at our company. Our example is a SCORM 1.2 file that includes a .mp4 video file, which is an Edge supported format.
In our testing, this only occurs on Android OS 13 with the Edge browser. Chrome and Safari do not have the issue. Android 11 devices with Edge do not have the issue. My guess is that Android 11 devices to not update to the latest version(s) of Edge as the Android 11 device I looked at was Edge version 111.0.1661.48. This leads me to believe it is not a network issue with where our SCORM file is hosted.
I have tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling Edge, using InPrivate browsing, and resetting to default settings. We have no extensions or add-ons on our Android Edge browser.
I could give you the website, but it requires our companies credentials to access so it would be best to show you.
It really sounds like a bug within the Android Edge build. Especially since the file works in Chrome and older versions of Edge. Please advise the best way to proceed.
Hi Sam,
Welcome to Microsoft Community.
I'm Hahn and I'm here to help you with your concern.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with playing videos in SCORM files on Edge Android.
Regarding your concern, we suggest trying the following troubleshooting steps:
Disclaimer: Your browser automatically saves temporary internet files to help pages load faster. Clearing this cache will sometimes fix website issues. Please back up all your personal files first, such as Favorites, to ensure you do not lose data.
If the issue still persists after trying the above steps, please provide us with more details such as the website or SCORM file you are trying to access, and any error messages you are receiving. This will help us investigate the issue further and provide you with a more accurate solution.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. If there is anything not clear, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Your Sincerely
Hahn - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist