I've had a gmail account I access via Outlook for years, along with several non-gmail accounts. All of a sudden, the gmail account isn't working. It's not getting all my emails (I've checked it against the account directly on the web).
I get a banner across the top of the Outlook screen: Your account [account name].gmail.com needs attention, please sign in to use your account. Button: Sign in via browser.
Sorry the description below is so long, but I'm trying to include all the pertinent info.
When I click on the "sign in" button, it brings up a popup window with "Adding this place to your Office account..." which shows a progress bar that goes on forever and never finishes. When I click the Cancel button on that, I get a popup that says: Google - IMAP. Sorry, we could not sign you in to Google - IMAP. Please try again later. Button: OK.
At the same time that window shows up, I automatically go to a web site at https://accounts.google.com/signin/oauth/id? etc. that says, Sign in to Microsoft apps & services. Google will allow Microsoft apps & services to access this info about you
- Name and profile picture
- Email address
Review Microsoft apps & services's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service to understand how Microsoft apps & services will process and protect your data. To make changes at any time, go to your Google Account. Learn more about Sign in with Google.
Two buttons: Cancel and Continue.
When I click Continue, it goes to another web page that says, Microsoft apps & services wants access to your Google Account. Select what Microsoft apps & services can access.
Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail. See access details. Make sure you trust Microsoft apps & services. Learn why you're not seeing links to Microsoft apps & services's Privacy Policy or Terms of Service. Review Microsoft apps & services's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service to understand how Microsoft apps & services will process and protect your data.
To make changes at any time, go to your Google Account. Learn how Google helps you share data safely.
Two buttons: Cancel and Continue.
When I click Continue, it processes for a while and then shows a screen with the Firefox logo (my browser) that has a banner across the top: Your connection may not be private. Learn more. The main text says: Unable to connect. Firefox can’t connect to the server at localhost:8011. Button: Try again
Clicking Try Again just takes me to the same screen again.
I've found on the web that this can occur when trying to ADD a gmail account to Outlook, but this gmail account has been set up and working for years in Outlook. In February, Google got rid of the ability to manually set IMAP to on or off. It's supposed to be on all the time. How do I get Outlook and gmail to work together correctly? The only thing I can think of that may have affected it is using Norton Utilities to clean up my computer.