Unable to Enroll in Azure or Contact Support — AADSTS50020 Error

Youssef Mostafa 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T16:49:07.2133333+00:00

I'm trying to activate the $5,000 Azure credit benefit offered through NVIDIA Inception for my startup, Vasron, but I'm unable to complete enrollment.

I initially attempted to register using my Microsoft 365 business account, which was unsuccessful. I then created a personal Microsoft account, but Microsoft indicated that I was not eligible for an Azure account.

When I tried contacting support, I encountered the following error:

"Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '74658136-14ec-4630-ad9b-26e160ff0fc6' in that tenant."

I've tried different accounts and private browsing, but the issue persists. I also cannot submit a support ticket because the support portal itself blocks my access.

Has anyone encountered this issue when enrolling through NVIDIA Inception or Microsoft for Startups?

Is there an alternative way to contact the Azure enrollment team without an active Azure account, or a way to resolve this authentication issue?

Any guidance from Microsoft staff would be appreciated.

Azure | Azure Startups
Azure | Azure Startups

Startups: Companies that are in their initial stages of business and typically developing a business model and seeking financing.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Divyesh Govaerdhanan 11,890 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-10T18:05:00.0966667+00:00

    Hi Youssef Mostafa,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A,

    1. The AADSTS50020 error. When you sign in with a personal Microsoft account that has no Azure account yet, you land in the “Microsoft Services” tenant. That tenant has no directory behind it, so the support request page rejects you. Microsoft documents this as expected behavior in Error AADSTS50020 (Cause 1). Completing Azure account sign up creates your own tenant and makes you its Global Administrator.

    2. The enrollment failure. The Microsoft for Startups FAQ says benefits must be activated with the same personal Microsoft account used at program registration. Work or school accounts can cause activation errors. That likely explains why your Microsoft 365 business account failed.

    What to try:

    1. Sign out of all Microsoft accounts and open an InPrivate window.
    2. Use the same personal Microsoft account you registered with. If you have not applied directly, apply at startups.microsoft.com first, since that is how the program says all startups join (program overview).
    3. Sign in to the Azure portal and finish the activation flow so your Azure account and tenant get created (Activate Azure credits).
    4. If you still see “You aren’t eligible for this offer”, the activation doc points you to program support at https://aka.ms/startuphelp-mfs-portal. Once you are in the portal, use Your Microsoft Team > Get program support (Program Support).

    Could you share the exact “not eligible” message, and whether you started from the NVIDIA Inception link or from startups.microsoft.com?

    Please click Accept Answer and upvote if this helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.