New Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription — administrator account not recognised after purchase

James McGloin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T12:01:52.7266667+00:00

Title: New Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription — administrator account not recognised after purchase

Hello Microsoft Support Team,

I purchased a new Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription on 8 October 2026 for my company, Eointec Solutions, based in Ireland.

The purchase was completed successfully, and I received two confirmation emails from Microsoft:

  1. An order confirmation showing the Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription and payment.
  2. A welcome email titled "Your new Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription is available."

The welcome email explicitly identifies my administrator sign-in as:

[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@c****ompany**.onmicrosoft.com**

However, when I attempt to sign in using this account, Microsoft displays:

"This username may be incorrect. Make sure you typed it correctly. Otherwise, contact your admin."

I have attempted to access:

  • Microsoft 365 Admin Center (admin.microsoft.com)
  • Microsoft Entra Admin Center (entra.microsoft.com)
  • Microsoft My Account (myaccount.microsoft.com)

I have also tested using Chrome Incognito mode to eliminate cached credentials.

When accessing the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, I sometimes receive:

"Switch to an account that has permission. Your account doesn't have permission to view or manage this page. Login is not supported for consumer users without business presence."

The problem is that this is a newly purchased subscription, and I am the sole administrator. I cannot create a support ticket through the Admin Center because Microsoft does not recognise the administrator account it assigned during registration.

I would appreciate assistance with the following:

  1. Confirm whether my Microsoft 365 tenant and initial administrator account have been provisioned successfully.
  2. Investigate why the administrator username in Microsoft's welcome email is not recognised by Microsoft Entra ID.
  3. Provide an escalation route to Microsoft's tenant provisioning or account recovery support team that does not require signing in with the inaccessible administrator account.

I have the Microsoft order confirmation, order ID and proof of purchase available for verification through a secure support channel.

Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Heimerdinger 795 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T13:22:20.23+00:00

    Hi @James McGloin,

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Please note that I'm also a user, so I don't have access to Microsoft customer accounts and cannot assist with actions such as password resets, login changes, tenant verification, or account recovery.

    I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your newly purchased Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription.

    Based on your description, since the administrator account provided during tenant provisioning is not being recognized and you are currently the sole administrator, this situation will likely require assistance from Microsoft's Data Protection team. They have the tools and verification processes necessary to investigate tenant provisioning issues, verify ownership, and help restore access to administrator accounts.

    Since you do not have access to any working administrator account, I recommend contacting Microsoft support by phone and requesting that the case be routed to the Data Protection team for further investigation. You can find the appropriate support number for Ireland here:

    Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

    Important: Depending on your region, when you call the support number you may hear a prerecorded introduction. You can wait for the menu options and select 1 for business products and then 1 again for technical support. Explain that:

    • You successfully purchased a new Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription.
    • Microsoft sent a welcome email containing the initial administrator account.
    • The administrator account is not recognized when attempting to sign in.
    • You are the sole administrator and therefore cannot create a support ticket through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
    • You have proof of purchase, order confirmation emails, and the order ID available for verification.

    If the subscription was purchased through a Microsoft partner or reseller, you may also wish to contact them directly, as they can often help open a support request on your behalf when the administrator account is inaccessible.

    I hope this information helps. Thank you for your understanding, and I wish you the best in getting access to your tenant restored.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.