Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Good day Fanny, and I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you’re experiencing.
Just to gently clarify before going any further, this forum is separate from Microsoft Support. I don’t have the ability to access or investigate individual accounts or escalate the issue directly Microsoft Support because this is a user‑to‑user support forum.
Based on my recent observations, private messaging for MFA-related issues is no longer available. The options outlined below are the standard methods for contacting Microsoft Support, as this forum is a user-to-user community and doesn't provide direct access to Microsoft Support teams.
I understand that you have already tried contacting Microsoft Support without success. However, I recommend using the example scripts below, as they may help ensure that your request is routed to the appropriate support team.
You can find the customer service phone number for your region here: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support . I also recommend calling during local business hours, as this may improve your chances of reaching the correct team promptly.
When contacting Microsoft, be prepared to verify your subscription ownership by providing details such as your organization name, billing or payment information, registered phone number and alternate email address.
Once your identity is verified, the privacy team will be able to reset your MFA settings. You can then reset your account in the Microsoft Authenticator app using your current phone number or choose a different authentication method to sign in. I also recommend adding additional verification methods, such as a phone number, an email or a backup authentication option, to help ensure you can access your admin account if your primary method becomes unavailable in the future.
Tips for navigating the IVR:
(When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)
In some countries, an automated voice system is used. Example of a dialogue:
IVR: What problem is bothering you?
Client: Lost access to the only admin account.
IVR: What product do you use?
Customer: Office 365 for business.
IVR: School or Business Account?
Client: Companies.
IVR: Are you an administrator?
Client: Yes.
IVR: Is there another administrator in your organization?
Client: No. I am the only admin in my tenant.
IVR: Do you need to create a support ticket?
Client: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me direct to the Data Protection team.
In case you are unable to contact the frontline support:
Consider signing up for a trial subscription to create a new tenant. Visit Microsoft 365 Business Plans and Pricing | Microsoft 365.
Once the new tenant is set up, you can access its admin center and submit a support ticket through Microsoft 365 admin center > Support > Help & Support to contact the Data Protection team regarding the previous tenant. Please remember to cancel the trial subscription after your issue is resolved, as this will help you avoid any accidental billing. You may prefer the following resource for detailed instructions: Cancel your Microsoft business subscription in the Microsoft 365 admin center | Microsoft Learn
Additionally, here are some reference threads where I have helped other admins contact Microsoft Support, which may give you confidence in using these options:
Global Admin locked out after iPhone replacement - Authenticator MFA cannot be re-registered
Sole Global Administrator locked out
I wish I could help more directly, but as a fellow user in this community, providing these steps is the best support I can offer. I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If you have any updates or additional questions, feel free to reply back and I'll do my best to assist further.
If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".