Sole Global Administrator Locked Out by MFA – Urgent Tenant Recovery Needed

Kevin Chabangu 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T07:04:41.3233333+00:00

I urgently need assistance with a Microsoft 365 Business tenant where I am the sole Global Administrator and I am effectively locked out because of a Microsoft Authenticator/MFA issue.

  • Tenant/domain: barkahawary.com
  • Affected administrator: @barkahawary.com
  • Current Microsoft Support Case: 2610060040001546
  • Previous Microsoft Support Case: 2609290050005061

I am extremely frustrated with the support experience at this point.

I previously had Microsoft Support Case 2609290050005061, which was handled by a named Microsoft support engineer, Emmanuel Adebamiro. On that case, an engineer introduced himself, communicated with me, investigated the problem and ultimately confirmed that a backend fix had been applied.

My current situation is substantially more serious because I am the sole Global Administrator of the tenant and cannot reliably access the Microsoft 365 administration environment because of MFA/Microsoft Authenticator.

I opened Microsoft Support Case 2610060040001546 specifically for the MFA issue.

Microsoft sent me an automated email asking for detailed information. I responded with the requested information, including:

  • the affected tenant and administrator account;
  • confirmation that I am the sole Global Administrator;
  • details of the Microsoft Authenticator/MFA failure;
  • confirmation that I have tried multiple browsers and devices;
  • attempts to reconfigure Authenticator;
  • attempts to use available verification methods;
  • confirmation that I cannot reliably access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center; and
  • an explicit request for Microsoft to reset my MFA/authentication methods or allow Microsoft Authenticator re-registration.

I also told Microsoft that I am prepared to provide whatever tenant ownership, domain ownership, billing or identity verification they require.

However, I have still not received a substantive response from an assigned engineer.

There has been no email saying that a named engineer has taken ownership of the case, no recovery procedure, no MFA reset, and no clear escalation path.

This is extremely concerning. This is not a minor configuration question. The sole Global Administrator of a live Microsoft 365 business tenant is locked out, and there is nobody else within the tenant who can reset my authentication methods.

I need Microsoft to tell me:

  • How do I get Case 2610060040001546 escalated immediately to the appropriate Microsoft identity/MFA or tenant recovery team?
  • Can Microsoft reset the authentication methods for @barkahawary.com so that I can re-register Microsoft Authenticator?
  • What exact verification does Microsoft require from me to prove ownership of the tenant?
  • Is there a Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team that can intervene when the sole Global Administrator is locked out?
  • How can I speak directly with a support engineer rather than continuing to receive automated acknowledgements?
  • Can someone from Microsoft please take ownership of this case and contact me?

I understand that support queues can be busy, but leaving the only Global Administrator locked out of a business tenant without a clear recovery route or an assigned engineer is unacceptable.

I am not asking for general MFA troubleshooting instructions. I require tenant administrator recovery and an MFA/authentication-method reset at Microsoft’s side, because there is no second administrator available to perform the reset for me.

Please advise how this can be escalated urgently.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.