A unified data governance solution that helps manage, protect, and discover data across your organization
Microsoft Purview: Internal Sensitivity Label Configuration — Access and Sharing Issues
Problem description
I am seeking assistance with configuring a sensitivity label in Microsoft Purview to be used solely for internal purposes and to disable sharing options. The current behavior is causing access issues within my organization when sharing protected documents via Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
Environment
Microsoft Purview, sensitivity labels, in a Microsoft 365 collaboration environment.
What I've already tried
I have reviewed the label configuration and publishing settings, and confirmed the label is applied to relevant content. However, I have not made specific configuration changes or tested different label policies or DLP rules related to sharing restrictions.
Current status
I am looking for guidance on how to properly configure the sensitivity label and associated policies to ensure that only internal users can access the content and that sharing options like "Anyone" are effectively disabled, preventing external sharing and resolving internal access issues.