on power icon message saying "there are currently no power options available"

Tim Brosnahan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T21:37:32.7366667+00:00

When I click the Power icon there is just a message saying there are currently no power options available

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Sleep and Power on, off
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T23:30:33.94+00:00

    Let's try restoring the default Windows power schemes

    Open Command Prompt as Administrator. Copy and paste the command below.

    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    

    Press Enter

    Then restart the computer and check whether the Power options are available again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Tim Brosnahan 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-07T14:01:39.0866667+00:00

    I use it several times every day so it probably worked correctly 3 or 4 days ago.

    It is a personal computer.

    I have made no changes in my computer but heaven knows what changes could have been made by MSFT or anyone/anything without my knowledge (It's been suggested that the lack of functionality of the power icon has to do with an automatic MSFT Win 11 update)

    I've never heard of Lock Down Browser and so have not consciously downloaded it -- could it have downloaded itself without my knowledge (I looked at my app list and don't see it)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T22:25:42.44+00:00

    Hi, good day!

    To help narrow down the cause

    When was the last time it worked properly?

    Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

    Is this a personal PC or a work/school-managed device?

    Have you recently installed LockDown Browser?


    I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.