I want to activate windows on a new pc.

Sotiris Kontostergios 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T10:50:26.93+00:00

I want to activate windows on a new pc. I have access to the old one, where windows have a digital license

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T11:26:34.1533333+00:00

    If it is indicated you have a Windows digital licence, where did you get your Windows licence was that pre-installed on the old PC or did you purchase a full retail Windows licence direct from Microsoft or from a 3rd party retailer?

    Or is your Windows licence based on a free upgrade from a previous Windows 7 or 8 licence?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Sotiris Kontostergios 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T10:53:29.1033333+00:00

    Does not seem to work... DO I have to unregister somehow the license from the old pc first?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.