Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am trying to install an application that requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime. However, the installation fails with the following error message:
"Installation failed. The Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime is already installed for the system."
The issue is that although WebView2 appears to be installed, it is not functioning correctly. I previously uninstalled Microsoft Edge using Revo Uninstaller, which may have caused WebView2 to be broken or incomplete.
When I try to install WebView2 manually, it says it's already installed and
won't reinstall it properly.
Could you please advise on how to:
Attached are screenshots of the error messages I'm receiving.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Type regedit in the search on the taskbar to launch Registry.
Go to:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\
Right click on
{F3017226-FE2A-4295-8BDF-00C3A9A7E4C5}
and delete it.
Go to this link https://developer.microsoft.com/microsoft-edge/webview2?form=MA13LH
Download and install Webview2.
AI answer
This usually means the WebView2 Runtime registration is still present, but the runtime is damaged or incomplete.
Try this in order:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{F3017226-FE2A-4295-8BDF-00C3A9A7E4C5}HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{F3017226-FE2A-4295-8BDF-00C3A9A7E4C5}HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{F3017226-FE2A-4295-8BDF-00C3A9A7E4C5}HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{F3017226-FE2A-4295-8BDF-00C3A9A7E4C5}Also note: