Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I never request OneDrive however today I received a message indicating I was over my storage limit 1 outlook account and 1 Gmail account are locked. I went from low storage to over the limit in 48 hrs. in addition I had just purchased 100G of storage.
I opened several MP4 files on my local back up drive and OneDrive moved them to the cloud?? Pls call, I have more personal information.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Hello,
Do you see all those MP4 files in the OneDrive cloud as well?
If yes, OneDrive is syncing the folder that contains the .MP4 files, most likely the Music folder on your desktop.
Step1:
First, move or copy all the files from OneDrive to a local folder on your desktop.
If the files are stored in any of the OneDrive sync folders shown in the screenshot, they may be syncing to the OneDrive cloud.
If you turn off the toggle for this folder, OneDrive will no longer sync it.
Step 2:
Once you have backed up all your files to a different local folder, unlink your Microsoft Account from OneDrive.
Step 3:
Delete all of your files from OneDrive.
Go to https://outlook.live.com/ and sign in with your Microsoft account.
Delete all of your files from the cloud.
Then, empty the OneDrive Recycle Bin folder.
Once done, the upgraded storage may take up to 24 hours to sync and reflect in your account.
-**
First, confirm which account was used to purchase the additional 100 GB of storage. Since you have both Outlook and Gmail email addresses, be careful not to confuse the accounts. Open two separate private browsing window on your web browser and sign in to OneDrive online with each account separately. Check which files are stored in each account, back up all important files to a local folder, and verify that the backup is complete before deleting anything from OneDrive.
AI answer
If Microsoft storage is over quota, these effects can happen:
Based on the symptoms described, the most relevant checks are:
What counts toward Microsoft storage includes:
A Gmail account is not covered by Microsoft storage guidance in the available information.