Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello! for the past hour, Ive been trying everything, such as even resetting Edge in general, and nothing has let me change the background to the image I want. I've looked to see if others have asked this question, but everything given has not helped me a bit, It just seems like my background is stuck at the default forever.
Thank you for reading this!
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Hello! Unfortunately, I do not know what version of Windows I am using, but my Microsoft Edge version is 154.0.4258.37. Also, I am uploading my own image for the background, not using one of Microsoft Edge's built-in ones. It doesn't show me any error messages when I try changing it, it just stays the same background in general. My Edge also has my Microsoft account connected to it, and my school shouldn't have access/be able to manage my browser.
It isn't letting me take a screenshot of my page right now, but to access the settings I use to change my background for the browser, I go to Edge://settings/appearance.
Thank you again!
Thank you for the information. To better understand what is preventing the Edge background from changing, could you please confirm which version of Windows you are using and your current Microsoft Edge version by opening edge://settings/help? Also, when you try to change the background, are you selecting one of Edge’s built-in backgrounds or uploading your own image, and does Edge show any error message or does it simply continue displaying the default background?
Please also let me know whether you are signed into Edge with a Microsoft account and whether the browser is managed by an organization or school. If possible, open edge://policy and confirm whether any policies are listed there. A screenshot of the New Tab page and the background settings you are trying to use would also be helpful, as long as you hide any personal information.