Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How do I contact customer service, my Microsoft Edge is not working, when I try to turn off or change any settings they don't turn off and they don't change. Plus when I set for the "new look" to be on it does NOT stay on, next time I open Edge it will go back to the "old" look. Please help!
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
Hi Jeff Fischbach,
Thanks for explaining what’s happening. Since the suggested steps already cover updating and repairing Edge, I’d like to narrow down what may be changing the settings back.
Is this a personal computer or is it managed by your workplace or school? Please enter edge://policy in the Edge address bar and let me know whether any policies are listed or whether you see a message saying the browser is managed by an organization.
If no policies are shown, temporarily disable all extensions from edge://extensions, restart Edge and test one of the affected settings again. You can also add a new Edge profile without signing in and check whether the setting remains saved there. If it works in the new profile, the issue is likely connected to the original profile, an extension or synced settings.
Are all Edge settings reverting or only certain ones such as the new look option? Also, did this start after an Edge or Windows update?
Please don’t post an exported policy file or any account information publicly. The names of any policies shown should be enough to help narrow this down.
Just to set expectations, this is a user-to-user support community, so moderators and contributors can offer troubleshooting guidance but can’t access your account or connect you directly with customer service.
If you’d still like to contact customer service, open the Get Help app from the Windows Start menu and describe the Edge issue. If the suggested solutions don’t help, select Contact Support when that option appears. You can also use the Microsoft Support contact page to view the support options available for your account and region.
I hope this helps you identify what’s causing the settings to revert. Feel free to come back with what you find and I’ll be happy to help further.
AI answer
Try these steps in order:
For Microsoft customer service: