Google will not let me use Edge

Billy Bee 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T14:18:15.1533333+00:00

I just downloaded google and now it has hijacked MS Edge. I tried to uninstall google but can't. I think I tried through setting but the change soft key to default was grayed out.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-24T14:54:05.7466667+00:00

    Hi Billy,

    Please try uninstalling Google Chrome via Programs and Features.

    Press Win + R, type appwiz.cpl and click OK.

    See if you can uninstall it from there.


    Alternatively, you can set Microsoft Edge as the default browser via Settings.

    • Open Settings > Apps > Default apps.
    • Under Set defaults for applications, select Microsoft Edge.
    • Next to Make Microsoft Edge your default browser, select Set default.

    Reference: Change Default Apps in Windows | Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.